Always adhere to these guidelines to ensure proper eye health, vision, and comfort.
- Make sure to visit Coastal Vision regularly for contact lens evaluations and to check the health of your eyes.
- MOST IMPORTANT: If you start to notice your eye becoming red or painful, having discharge, or your vision has become blurry contact the office Immediately!
- Always wash your hands before handling any contact lens.
- Rub and rinse the surface of each lens before storing them.
- Never use tap water to rinse or store your lenses.
- Use only sterile disinfecting solution recommended by the doctor to store and rinse your contacts.
- Discard the used contact lens solution from the case every time your contacts are removed.
- Always use fresh disinfecting solution when you store your lenses. No topping off.
- Replace your contact lens case with a new one every 3-4 months to prevent infection.
- Remember to replace your contact lenses according to the replacement schedule prescribed by your doctor
- Do NOT sleep in contact lenses unless you are directed by your doctor that it is ok to do so.
- Never exchange lenses with someone else.
- Never attempt to clean off a contact lens by placing into your mouth.