Find out by taking this test:
Check the True or False box next to each statement. When you are finished, find the correct answers at the bottom of the page.
Grade yourself as follows: 19-20: I understand my eyes very well 17-18: My view of my eyes is clear 15- under: The way I see my eyes could use a little correcting
True False Questions
1. At a distance of 10 inches, my eyes can detect an object as small as four thousandths of an inch.
2. My eyes can distinguish only four colors.
3. My eyes can see a candle 14 miles away.
4. Ten percent of what I know comes through my eyes.
5. Reading in dim light can strain my eyes.
6. When watching TV, I should sit a distance equal to twice the width of the screen.
7. Too little vitamin A in my diet can cause reduced night vision.
8. Dilation of the pupils allows my doctor to better view the inside of my eyes.
9. The best color for sunglasses is blue.
10. Tears contain substances that slow bacterial growth.
11. My eyelids work much like a car's windshield wipers.
12. Sunglasses will allow me to look directly at the sun.
13. Many eyeglass prescriptions are identical.
14. Smoking can affect my vision.
15. If I have 20/20 vision, I don't have any eye problems.
16. Air pollution affects only my lungs and breathing.
17. If I am nearsighted, I see near objects more clearly than distant ones.
18. If I am farsighted, I see distant objects more clearly than near ones.
19. Glaucoma is a serious eye disease that can cause blindness.
20. Regular eye examinations can help protect my eyes and general health.
1.T. 2. F. 3.T. 4. F. 5.F. 6. F. 7.T. 8. T. 9.F. 10. T. 11.T. 12. F. 13.F. 14. T. 15.F. 16. F. 17.T. 18. T. 19.T. 20. T