St. Patrick’s Day: Wear green or suffer a pinch. But there’ s more to the color green than this tradition. Here’s some fun facts about the color green:
- Green, along with red, was present in the first traffic light ever used. This was in London in 1868 and engineers used a green gas lamp.
- Green is not a primary color. It is an additive color, made of a mixture of yellow and blue.
- Some studies show that green can reduce fatigue
- In the Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz, everyone everyone wears tinted glasses which make everything look green
- In 2010, green ranked last as paint color for new cars in North America at 4% of all cars
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
CLEARVIEW EYE CARE
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA